Click to view Larger
Our Price: $24.95
You Save: $5.00!
20th Anniversary Daylight Combo DVD
20th Anniversary Daylight Combo
Featuring World's Fair Daylight 1984
and By Daylight to the Fair
The year 2004 marks the 20th Anniversary of one of railroading's most notable events-the famed excursion of Southern Pacific's beautiful Daylight 4449 steam locomotive and its matching trainset traveling from Portland, Oregon to the World's Fair in New Orleans and back. In this commemorative Combo DVD, you will be treated to two outstanding documentaries, giving you complete coverage of that spectacular and historic event.
World's Fair Daylight 1984 (60 Minutes)
Ride in the cab of Southern Pacific Daylight 4449 as the engineer and fireman put her through her paces across Arizona and New Mexico. Enjoy exciting aerial shots along the California coast as the Daylight speeds back to San Francisco. This award-winning program covers the Daylight and her 13 beautiful matched passenger cars from start to finish! (Produced by Video Rails in 1984)
By Daylight to the Fair (90 Minutes)
Pentrex cameras were on board and trackside to bring you the Daylight as it traversed every type of terrain from Portland down to Los Angeles, over to Phoenix, across Texas, and on into New Orleans for the World's Fair. On the way you'll pace alongside, ride aboard, and share the festivities with the enthusiastic crowds that greeted the train at every stop. (Produced by Pentrex in 1984; narration added in 2004)
- Run Time 2 Hours 45 Minutes
- Bonus footage: Included are 15 mintues of bonus footage filmed by the Southern Pacific Railroad showing the Daylight on its way from Bakersfield to Los Angeles via Tehachapi Pass!
- Two hi-fi soundtracks, one with the natural train sounds, the other with narration added. The viewer can switch the narration on or off at any time.
- Chapter Menus provide instant access to program segments.
- In Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration
- Full-screen (4x3) Format
- No region code; can be played in NTSC DVD players worldwide
- Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case
- Produced by Pentrex 2004