Click to view Larger
Our Price: $24.95
You Save: $5.00!
Best of 1989 DVDBest of 1989
Pentrex traveled the country in 1989, capturing the railroading highlights of the year. The result was a two-hour show filled with great steam and diesel action. Now you can enjoy the special railroading events of 1989 with the enhanced viewing capabilities of DVD.
- Santa Fe Warbonnets: One of the most famous paint schemes of all time was brought back to the rails after almost 20 years to mark the introduction of Santa Fe's Super Fleet.
- Norfolk & Western 611: Heading up the Blue Grass Railroad Museum's annual Fall trip, the 611 powers its train along the Southern's Rathole Division.
- The Napa Valley Wine Train: Two Alco FPA-4 units head this elegant burgundy, gold, and green dinner train on its 36-mile route through California's beautiful Napa Valley.
- Norfolk & Western 1218: Follow N&W's Class A 1218 on its May, 1989 excursion from Richmond to Roanoke, West Virginia.
- CSX F-Units: The New River Train, led by an AB set of F-units, departs Huntington, West Virginia and travels through the glorious New River Gorge.
- Cuyahoga Valley Line: Follow former Grand Trunk Mikado #4070 on this Ohio excursion line. The Alco 2-8-2 and its 10-car train look fantastic!
- Trailer Train: A special Santa Fe train carrying trailers and containers on almost every type of car produced by Trailer Train traveled to Cajon Pass for a special photo shoot.
- NKP 765: Travel with Nickel Plate 765 as it leads a small train from Ohio to West Virginia. The 2-8-4 had its share of disappointments in 1989 but this trip looks great!
- Western Allegheny F-units: Watch as ABA F-units haul coal on the Western Allegheny Division of the Bessemer & Lake Erie Railroad, 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
- Run Time 2 Hours
- Chapter Menu provide instant access to program segments
- In Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration
- Full-screen (4x3) Forma
- No region code; can be played in NTSC DVD players worldwide
- Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case