Click to view Larger
Our Price: $24.95
You Save: $5.00!
Best of the Midwest Volume I DVDBest of the Midwest Volume I
To railroaders, the Midwest means nonstop action with plenty of variety. Pentrex takes you to Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, and Minnesota to sample the finest in Midwestern railroading.
The Class 1 railroads provide heavy traffic and high-speed excitement. Among these are Kansas City Southern, Union Pacific, Illinois Central, and Burlington Northern Santa Fe. Motive power ranges from Illinois Central GP10s to the latest EMD and General Electric AC locomotives on Union Pacific. There's even a rare EMD BL20-2.
Regional railroads are becoming increasingly important in the Midwest. You'll see the Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern with its intriguing mix of power and will catch one of its passenger specials. Shortlines provide a vital link between shippers and trunk lines. We visit the Nebraska Northeastern, Sisseton Milbank, Dakota & Iowa, Nobles Rock, and the Ellis & Eastern. Each has its own personality and interesting locomotive roster. From shortlines to the high iron, a rich and colorful mosaic of railroading is yours to enjoy in The Best of the Midwest Volume One!
- Run Time 1 Hour 7 Minutes
- Two Hi-Fi soundtracks, one with the natural train sounds, the other with narration added. The viewer can switch the narration on or off at any time.
- Chapter Menu provide instant access to program segments.
- In Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration
- Full-screen (4x3) Format
- No region code; can be played in NTSC DVD players worldwide
- Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case