Click to view Larger
Our Price: $24.95
You Save: $5.00!
Steam Across The Pacific Northwest DVD
BNSF's Employee Appreciation Special
- See the SP Daylight 4449 in black paint!
- Witness big steam over Stevens Pass!
- Ride aboard the train along scenic Puget Sound!
- Catch dozens and dozens of spectacular runbys!
Thrill to the sight of big steam conquering the Pacific Northwest as SP Daylight 4449 takes to the rails once more!
The mighty 4449 was painted black with BNSF decals to head up a BNSF Employee Appreciation Special in July, 2000. Running in excursions over former Burlington Northern trackage, the Daylight treated enthusiastic throngs of spectators to the sights and sounds of thundering steam power.
Pentrex was on the spot, capturing exciting scenes throughout the train's extensive route. Starting in Vancouver, Washington, we follow the train across the state and into British Columbia, Canada, and Idaho, visiting the cities of Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Bellingham, and Vancouver, B.C. A special highlight is a ride aboard the train along the Puget Sound, from Balmer Yard in Seattle to Everett.
You'll see the EAS traveling over Stevens Pass - what an awesome sight that is! - and at Skykomish and exiting Cascade Tunnel. Continuing eastward, the train stops at Wenatchee and Spokane, then crosses the long bridge over Lake Pend Oreille on its way to Sandpoint, Idaho.
Dozens and dozens of runbys fill the screen with scenic images of steam railroading. There's also plenty of freight and passenger train action along the route, including Amtrak's Talgo trains.
DVD Special Features:
- Bonus footage: 15 additional minutes, not available in the VHS version, featuring diesel freight and Amtrak action in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
- Two stereo soundtracks, one with the natural train sounds, the other with narration added. The viewer can switch the narration on or off at any time.
- Chapter Menu provides instant access to program segments.
Don't miss this momentous event!
100 minutes plus 15 minutes bonus footage
In Color with Stereo Sound and Narration
Full-screen (4x3) Format
No region code; can be played in NTSC DVD players worldwide
Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case